About the Role
Heads up! This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
We are looking for a Mid-Level Full-Stack Developer to join a project team working in the area of tradecraft innovation. You'll have opportunities to use and become familiar with a broad technology stack, from front-end development frameworks like jQuery and React, to middleware frameworks like NodeJS, ExpressJS, and Socket.IO, to server-side products using Java, Storm, and RabbitMQ. Candidates should be versed in the software development lifecycle and should be able to design, develop, and maintain large code repositories. We're building high-quality, mission-ready solutions here!
You can expect to:
- Develop and maintain a popular web application that interacts and integrates with many of our customer's other products
- Interact with our customer to gain insight into new tradecraft methodologies
- Translate customer requirements and tradecraft methodologies into useful features in the team's web application
- Respond to real-time mission priorities and develop new features that can address them
- Update legacy code to use new technologies and frameworks that are performant and feature-rich
You'll need the following experience for this role:
- At least 8 years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- NOTE: If you have a bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, you can use it to substitute 4 years of general experience. For example, if you have 4 years general experience, and a bachelor's degree as described, you have the equivalent of 8 years general experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers
- At least 3 years of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration with both new and existing systems
- Experience with standard version control systems like Git
💪🏼 About You
We ask that you be able to:
- Work well in a small to medium-sized team and contribute meaningful thought leadership – if not right away, over time
- Interact with customers in a way that fosters confidence in your abilities and a delight to have you on board
- Apply an attention to detail to your work, even if that means taking a little more time
- Contribute your ideas, your values, and your personality to our company
- Support our core values every day
🙌 Working at Bitwise
When you come to work with us, you can expect to hop in on the ground floor of our company, contributing your ideas, helping make decisions, and bringing your unique vibe to our culture. You won't be on an island with us – we gather frequently outside of work hours, from team-builds to happy hours and all-hands meetings. Everyone contributes, everyone's heard, everyone has fun, and we're all the better for it.
Our full benefits will be provided to you during the onboarding process, but here's a quick rundown:
- Industry-leading salaries
- 4 weeks paid vacation, 5 weeks after 5 years, and 6 weeks after 10 years
- All 11 federal holidays off with pay
- 2 additional discretionary days off, for inclement weather and government shutdowns
- Up to 24% company contribution to your 401k, with any unused contributions provided right back to you as income. That's a guaranteed 24%.
- Up to 70% premium contribution across 3 health plan options
- 50% premium contribution to vision and dental plans
- Fully covered life insurance and disability policies
- Annual professional development stipend
- Bonuses for completed trainings, customer recognition, and anything else that makes us say "hot damn". We hope to say that many times about you.
🔍 What to expect after applying
You'll get an automated email from us right away just to let you know we got your application. From there, we'll:
- Send over some additional materials about our company and benefits for you to review
- Schedule a video call with our CEO to discuss your application, our company, and your place in it
- Put together a delightful offer package and record a video walkthrough of it for you
- Keep the party going through the onboarding process. Your transition to us will be joyful and easy.